The time has come for most children to return to school. Children should be reminded to display proper manners while at school especially during their formative years. Their formative years are an ideal time to teach and reinforce proper etiquette.
Los Angeles Etiquette Consultant Michelle Shannon has released 12 tips to help teach and reinforce good manners for children going back to school.
Shannon, President of M. Shannon Consulting, said, “I believe along with school supplies, parents should also send their children to school with proper manners. There are many children that are very nice but still lack proper manners and do not know what is socially expected of them now that they are growing up.”
12 tips to help teach and reinforce good manners for children going back to school:
1. Wake up early.
2. Make sure your hair is combed and your uniform is clean and neat.
3. Pack your backpack with school supplies.
4. Get to school early every day.
5. Greet everyone with a “good morning” or “hello” and a smile. If you see someone struggling to make friends or being made fun of you should be their friend. Make it a point to smile or say “hello” to them.
6. Sit quietly until the teacher is ready to get started and keep a positive attitude.
7. Call the teacher by the name or title they prefer. Calling the teacher “Teacher” is not appropriate.
8. Sit up straight at your desk or table so you won’t appear to be “bored” or “tired.”
9. Follow classroom guidelines for getting up walking around and using the restroom.
10. Keep all gadgets at home (put away all cellphones and definitely no texting or tweeting at school).
11. Do not chew gum in class.
12. Keep your hands to yourself and do not touch anyone else or their belongings.
The Los Angeles Etiquette Consultant provides a variety of classes and workshops in the Los Angeles and surrounding areas to teach children proper manners. She offers classes for girls and boys as well as classes and programs for girls only. Shannon believes that etiquette and life skills are missing from the classrooms but are both very important to a child’s formative years, a time when they are learning everything.
M Shannon Consulting was founded in 2005 to provide etiquette training to youth, adults, companies and service staff. Each program is a combination of lecture, activities and role-playing exercises designed to ensure that learning about etiquette is both educational and entertaining. Michelle Shannon has written and published 2 books relating to etiquette for youth and has worked with organizations, private groups, educational institutions and individuals to increase their social savvy and confidence levels. For more information visit: http://MShannonConsulting.com or http://facebook.com/MShannonConsulting.